Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Asa Butterfield


Hugo film director, Martin Scorsese, took a long time to find decent child actor to portray the character of Hugo Crabret. When he saw a boy a boy named Asa Thornton F. Maxwell Butterfield (13) speak a few sentences at the time of audition Hugo film, Scorsese instantly find the answers. Hugo has been found.

Hi, Asa. Reportedly before join in Hugo, you're not familiar with the name of Martin Scorsese? Yeah, right. Though I've watched 2 movies he, Shutter Island, and The Departed. I wonder why those people (in the town of Asa, Islington - London) surprised to know I'm going to play in the Martin Scorsese film. I was really aware that he is a great director and the film is a film Hugo of the time we started filming. Hehehe .

The hardest part for her role as Hugo what?
Hugo crying scenes. Drain my energy and my mind really.

What are you doing when finished filming Hugo?
Home, playing PlayStation in my room. 

If you can make otomatons (robots in the film Hugo), whether the otomaton will be like you? 
I'll make him my bodyguard, who can hit people. My otomaton will be very large and wear cool glasses. 

There is no particular reason why you want to enter the world of acting?
Actually I had not intended to be an actor. But at the age of 7 years, I got an acting club The Young Actors Theatre in Islington, every friday for 3 years. Was fun.
 

What about you would make acting as your future career?
I do not know. Acting is fun. But doing over 20 takes the first scenes were exhausting all. 

Asa's Fact :  
  • Asa love learning and enjoy school life
  • Hobby of reading books and playing games on computer
  • Can play the piano and drums
  • Do not like rock music. Prefer listening to jazz music ..
  • Blue-eyed, starry Aries (1 April 1997)
  • Wearing glasses (minus)
  • Asa did not quiet and shy like Hugo Cabret
  • Won for Most Promising Newcomer (Independent Award 2008) and for Best Performance in an International Feature Film (Young Artist Award 2008) for the film The Boy in the Stripped Pyjamas    
  • Won for Best Young Performer (Broadcast Film Critics Association Award 2011) for the film Hugo 
Asa's Movie :
  • After Thomas (2006)
  • Son of Rainbows (2007)
  • The Boy in the Stripped Pyjamas (2008)
  • The Wolfman (2010)
  • Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang (2010)
  • Hugo (2011)
  • Ender's Game (2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment